Thursday, July 17, 2008

roller coaster week

ups first
  • great time camping with my nieces and nephew
  • a lot of fun riding a sea doo and pulling julian (watching him fall off)
  • i am the champion of egyptian war!!  man i bet the girls got tired of me whipping them at that game...haha
  • loved sleeping in the tent with eric and julian
  • it is always relaxing and tiring being on the lake
  • i absolutely love spending time with my kids and my family
downs
  • really missing my wife
  • my cousin Bud, who is quite a bit older than me, has had really a pretty rough life that even at 34, i do not know much about.  Bud was like all of us, he had some issues.  some of the ways that he chose to deal with them, led him down some very harmful paths.  harmful to himself and to those who loved him.  i do not know the condition of his soul...in english, i do not know where he will spend eternity.  
  • this breaks my heart on so many different levels.  
  • this post by vince antonucci says how i feel right now.
i never want to have to talk about feeling this way again...

2 comments:

Gary said...

We all have some pretty hairy roller coaster rides at times BUT,... isn't it great to know that GOD is in the front seat with His hands in the air screaming at the top of His lungs: "hang on my child...I'll get you through this!"

dscott said...

i dont know that i agree completely. i think he will get us through everything we go through and he is more than enough.

but some how i think his heart breaks when his children are hurting.

i think we probably agree...maybe?