Sunday, April 26, 2009

love/hate with flying

i am not a huge fan of flying.  it isnt probably a hate relationship...but i do get a little nervous at every take off. landing and any turbulence.  BUT i LOVE flying by myself and the reading time i have to my self.  it is like i have to shut down...no internet, no phone, i hate dragging my lap top out unless i have to...so i read.  

i get more reading done on a 2 hour flight than 2 weeks at home.  right now i am reading 5 dysfunction's of a team by Patrick Lencioni.  GREAT BOOK for anyone having to lead up forming a team, working with a team or leading a team!  and it isn't your typical 'leadership' book, it is a fable.  so it reads like a novel.  very cool!  i am about 2/3 of the way through it.  

so, hope you have had a good week!  talk to ya later!

3 comments:

John A Hill said...

My ideal flight:
Take my seat.
Fall asleep before take-off (yes in the full upright position)
Wake up about the time the attendants are getting to my row for a soda.
Recline my seat and doze until they wake me up to put my seat back in the upright position.
Land and de plane.

Fran said...

JOhn - that reminds me of a story that Brad tells. He got on a flight to Calgary and immediately went to sleep. They plane had a problem and had to pull back into the gate. He thought they had reached their destination and got up and began to collect his stuff, only to be asked to sit back down.

I used to be a reluctant flier. That was before my kids decided they could not stay in the same country with me. Was not going to let them off that easy. I do always have a book - love the uninterrupted reading time.

dscott said...

that's funny John. I can not sleep, very well, on the plane. i have to be beat...and when i am, i typically wake up in shear panic or something. lol like i jump and go, AAHHH. or drool or something. so, i try not to sleep in public places. haha

Fran- that is funny about Brad!