Tuesday, April 28, 2009

where i have been

i have been in Austin, TX for the last few days.  i love this city.  i have never been here, but it is a challenging city for me.  it is very ... organic, in more than one sense of the word.  very local.  it has it's own personality...it isn't cookie cutter at all.  that is cool to me.  

i am here for Q.  you can read about it at the web site.  i can't write about it just yet.  my mind is reeling, but i will say this.  Q is the best conference i have ever been to.  there is such an authentic desire to further the gospel, to engage culture, to be authentic.  Gabe Lyons, founder of Q, said on the first day.  "There is not much difference between presenter and participant."  That seemed like just words to me, until I experienced intimate conversations with several of the presenters.   These are very real people, not super star pastors or super star business leaders...although some of them are.  they aren't.  

i'll try and post more later as some of this stuff later, as i hash it out in my head/heart.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Where have you been lately?????????