Friday, November 16, 2007

who am i kidding?

seriously, are you like me? i have to tell you how i am first, right? i am in broken arrow, oklahoma this morning...i was supposed to be at a plant sometime in the early to mid morning. i wanted to get up and go to a coffee shop early in order to get a cup of coffee and do my devotional. i was running a little late, but i have not been too consistent in spending time with the Lord this week...so i thought it was important so i was going anyway.

new coffee shop...pretty cool place, i get sit down and get comfortable, do my devo and then i am just reading my email and looking at a couple of blogs i read on occasion. i get a phone call...my guy at the customer i am supposed to be at...it is going to be mid morning before they are ready for me. so, i dont really have any plans...and nothing really pressing to do on email, i should be relaxed right?

i'm not...all i am thinking is that these other workers are going to be looking at me and thinking i am just slacking off not doing anything!! i need to do something to look busy!! hurry, i will get a report out of my "man purse" and look like i am busy. even when i am not busy, which is not verry stinkin often, i still feel like i need to be or pretend to be. HOW JACKED UP IS THAT. there are so many things wrong with that statement i would not even know where to start.

somehow, i sometimes base my level of importance on the amount of "busy" in my life. i got issues! the biggest reason i have issues....ok maybe not the biggest, but really big...yesterday i was so very busy!!! and when i talked to my wife, i was so anxious from the overwhelming list of tasks in front of me to do, i was hateful to her. i was hateful to her b/c she asked me to take my son a pair of gloves and a beanie to school...it was cold outside and he did not have any for recess. seriously, what in the world is wrong with me?

No comments: