Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Hayward!

Hayward is a friend of mine that I try to have coffee with 3 or 4 times a month.  He has a tremendous amount of insight and wisdom!  Yesterday he turned 83 years old!!!  That, in and of it self, is a huge mile stone!  But, it is minimal, when you consider his heart for young church leaders and the body of Christ!  

He reads this blog and is probably chuckling to himself right now as he is blushing...lol  He reads, I am guessing, but probably some where around 10-15 church leadership blogs.  He has read a ton of books on the emerging church movement and modern theologians.  He listens to contemporary worship music, so that he can be acquainted with the music and the message.  He has been a BSU director and still has an amazing heart for collegiate ministry and college students.  He is very insightful to the future of the church!  And God has used him in my life to challenge me and my thought processes about God.  He inspires me to keep on pressing on toward the goal of pursuing after Christ and his plan for my life.  And he inspires me that it isn't ever too late to make a huge contribution to so many in life!

Hayward, Happy Birthday!!  and Thank you for all you have been in my life and so many more that I know you have influenced over your long life span.  You are a great man of God!

See ya soon for some coffee...

ps...(hayward is a former teacher, so I thought i had better get my caps on... :-) )

2 comments:

Leslie said...

As a fellow teacher, I'm sure he truly appreciates the capitalization effort! Happy Birthday Hayward!

Fran said...

Happy Birthday, Hayward. I cannot even begin to tell you what an encouragement you are to me. So good to see you last Sunday.